Final deadline for abstract submission is 29 January 2018.
The number of submitted poster abstracts is not limited. Presenting author has to be registered participant of the Congress but does not have to be the first author of poster abstract (registration will be open soon).
Instruction for abstract preparation:
Abstracts can be submitted in English language (and Croatian for Croatian native speakers) in form of a Word document (*.doc ili *.docx) prepared according to the following instructions:
Font size: 12
Line spacing: Single
No tables, figures and references
Avoid the usage of non-standard abbreviations
A maximum of 300 words per abstract (without title, author names and affiliations)
Abstract should be structured as follows:
1) Introduction – hypothesis and aim of the study
2) Materials/Subjects and Methods – description of the subjects and methods used in the study, statistical tests provided
3) Results – results of the study with exact numbers and P values
4) Conclusions – conclusion derived from the results and aim of the study
Poster abstract can be submitted in one of the following topics:
• Autoimmune diseases
• Preanalytical and postanalytical phase of laboratory work
• Extravascular fluids
• Laboratory hematology
• Cardiovascular diseases
• Laboratory diagnostic of chronic diseases
• Molecular diagnostics
• New biomarkers in laboratory diagnostic
• Laboratory management
• Case reports
• Laboratory toxicology
Names and surnames of all authors have to be listed together with their affiliations. The name of the presenting author has to be underlined. Also, the e-mail address of presenting author has to be provided.
Abstracts will be evaluated by Congress Scientific Committee according to technical and scientific criteria:
- Abstract preparation according to given instructions
- Title is informative and related to study subject or conclusion
- Clear hypothesis and aim of the study
- Properly described methodology and subjects
- Appropriate use of the statistical analysis
- Results are given with appropriate statistical data
- Conclusions derived from presented results and according to the aim of the study
- Scientific and professional contribution for laboratory medicine
Abstracts will be published in special issue of Biochemia Medica journal. Requirement for abstract publication is paid registration fee for the Congress for one of the authors.
Authors of the abstracts selected for oral presentation will be notified by e-mail and included in congress scientific program.
Presenting author will be notified about abstract receipt by e-mail provided on abstract submission form.
Authors will be notified about abstract acceptance not later than 15 February 2018.